What is Cyber Attack?1291
16 February, 2020
Your use of technology may expose you to cyberattack. Learn about the different types of cyber attacks that you may encounter:
Intentional exploitation of computer systems, networks, and organizations whose work depends on digital ICT, in order to cause damage.
The most common attacks:
- Denial of service (DoS)
- An attempt to cripple the system and make its services unavailable, by sending a concurrent flood of requests.
- The attempt to obtain sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, or credit card details, often for malicious reasons and intentions, by disguising as a trustworthy organization.
- Man in the Middle
- Attacker interception to communication between parties to expose or modify data.
- A program that infects systems, usually covertly, with the intent of compromising the confidentiality, integrity, or availability of the victim’s data, applications, or operating system or of otherwise annoying or disrupting the victim.
Consequences of cyber attacks:
- Financial losses
- Exploitation of personal information
- Loss of significant and critical information